Nugget's summary of DISC personality test
- Tell me what you think you're like!
- Gosh, I think you're just like that! Just like... what you said you thought you were like.
- Let me pad that with vague, feel-good statements, worthy of any fortune teller.
- Look, I'll even throw in charts that, if you cross-compare with colleagues, are all obviously from a fixed set of variables, but designed to look as if they're customised for you, just you, special little snowflake, you.
- Now that you've told me what you think you're like, and I've mirrored that back at you...
- Rate the accuracy of the test! WOW! It's ACCURATE isn't it? HOW UNCANNY.
As you can tell, I'm somewhat unimpressed. I am, though, impressed by how attractively and plausibly dressed up it was.
The one I took today was truly a triumph of marketing.