So cute! Also super simple, and not as fiddly as it looks.
The only thing we actually made was the mousse.
Would have been prettier with fresh, edible flowers. But a lot more perishable, so I didn't use them. Also, I was too lazy to go the market to get those...
Coles icing sugar flowers - I wanted the roses, but the Coles I went to didn't have them. :(
Coles 100s & 1000s aka fairies - not the shiny silver fairies, the cute pastel fairies! Also known as dragees.
Green tea & adzuki bean biscuit, crushed - can't find pics because I can't remember the name. ;>.> The important thing is that the biscuit must be green tea, not the filling. Or else it will probably not be green enough to be moss. Or you can make your own green tea biscuits and crush them.
Chocolate mousse (eggless) - but not fatless! Ooh fat. I love fat.
Chocolate Mousse Crafting Ingredients
100g 70% cocoa chocolate
200ml sweetened condensed milk
300ml double cream <-- yes, fat, fat cream!
Some dutch processed cocoa powder (non-dutch will work also)
Chocolate Mousse Crafting Process
- Melt chocolate in microwave, or icky double boiler. Don't burn it. :P
- Add sweetened condensed milk to chocolate.
- Stir till it's more or less all the same
- Add cocoa powder.
- Stir some more, again until more or less all the same.
- Plop in all the double cream.
- Stir some more, again until more or less all the same. Zzzz.
- Beatbeat with hand mixer till stiff peaks. This happens FAST. Probably in a minute, tops.
Tiny Fairy Garden Mousse Pot Assembly
- Plop chocolate mousse into ziplock bag.
- Cut off corner of bag.
- Pipe into cups.
Stop at around 2/3 full. It will look like the cutest little turd. That is fine, because next we...
- Flatten the mousse so it doesn't look quite so turdlike.
It doesn't have to be perfectly flat. Flat like churned, soft mud is fine. After all, no one is going to be able to see it.
Dumpcarefully sprinkle crushed biscuit until you have an evenish layer.
It's ok if you can still see a bit of mousse. Just not a lot of it.
- Bang each pot (carefully!) against your work surface a few times to settle everything.
- Sprinkle 100s & 1000s of fairies.
Ok maybe a few less.
- Place icing sugar flowers.
Or eat. You can eat them at this point. Or take photos of them. Then eat them.