The skills you would want to develop in this way, skills that apply to all tank classes, are;
- Getting the pull clumped up on casters. (Silencing/pulling casters to you, Line of Sight pulls, charging groups, etc).
- Watching a 360° radius for patrols and runners and bringing them in to you before they hit anyone else.
- Watching your own health to time survival/mitigation cooldowns.
- Watching your party health as a clue to pulled aggro.
- Controlling enemy groups and maneuvering them out of fire/acid/green/bad.
- Positioning yourself consistently to make it easier on melee.
We'll conveniently ignore that said skills are only transferrable with a small subset of videogames, and within that subset, only among games that have 'threat' skills, mmkay? XD